Caring for Berber Carpet
How to keep you berber carpet clean
Berber carpeting is a beautiful addition to any home, but it can be very difficult to maintain over the years. This is because berber carpet can be difficult to keep clean, and if it s difficult to clean, it will show wear and tear more easily.
Because berber carpet has tightly woven loops, it is very easy for dirt to get in, but very difficult for the dirt to come out.
In addition, when the carpet is professionally cleaned, it holds more moisture, making the suction on truck-mounted high-heat carpet cleaning machines less effective at removing residue.
To keep your berber carpets looking great, make sure your professional steam cleaner rinses and extracts the the cleaning fluid twice. Leaving residue in the carpet can cause dirt and grime to stick to the carpets and actually make them dirtier faster!
At home, you can follow the following tips for keeping your berber carpet looking fabulous:
- Make sure to cover areas of high traffic with another easy-to-clean rug or floor covering
- Take off your shoes before walking on you berber carpets.
- Vacuum your berber carpets frequently, about once per week.
- Do not use a vacuum cleaner with a brush or beater bar, but DO make sure your vacuum has powerful suction.
- If you spill anything on your berber carpet, blot up the spill with a white towel, and then do the same with a towel dampened with warm water, and then repeat with the dry towel. Call Mr. Steam for further instructions and to make an appointment!